Thursday, 24 April 2008

Festival madness


An invitation came yesterday to attend an animation festival in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. It's a chore, but I've said I'll go.

They wanted to program a "retrospective" of my animation work. I put that in inverted comments because when I look at what I've produced over the last 11 years, it's not very much. Two short films of my own, script and animation credits on a dozen short episodes of Angry Kid, a few adverts and series episodes of which I don't even have copies - and now, Somegreybloke.

In the last ten months, I've equaled the output of eleven years.

It makes me wonder what I did with all that time. It would be good to think that film-making was simply impossible because of all the adventures I was having, but that's not true.

Where did the time go?

No comments: