Tuesday, 29 April 2008

An offline online festival


The creators of It's Jerrytime are organising a festival specifically to showcase web cartoons. Somegreybloke will be appearing, so if you're in Boston in May, check it out.

Their press release contains the line: "see the legendary animation the web has been buzzing about, the way they were meant to be seen, in amazing technicolor on the big screen..." which is slightly embarrassing for me. Because the GreyBloke cartoons were never intended for the big screen. If they had been, I'd have spent more time making them look nicer.

As it is, the first ones I did were produced at very low resolution and I've recently had to remake several episodes at TV quality. When I began the series it never crossed my mind that they would be seen anywhere but YouTube. For that reason the sound quality is also invariably shite, which doesn't matter on the web - but in a theatre..?

I've learned my lesson. Due to all this sudden festival interest, new episodes are made in stereo and as big as possible. Next stop, 3D CGI, a moving camera, and explosions. Lots and lots of explosions.

3 comments:

Jeremiah said...

Hey Mike!

I'm only two hours from Boston. I'll see if I can make the screening on the 22nd.

Luke said...

Yay explosions

LesFleurs said...

It would be great to see a duck in the good resolution!