Monday, 9 June 2008

Delusions of grandeur?

Got an email yesterday from a YouTuber wanting me to participate in a collaborative video she's planning to make...

No. Wait a minute. That should read:

Got an email yesterday from the manager of a YouTuber wanting me to participate in a collaborative video she's planning to make. In what was clearly a mass-mailed circular, the manager says that I was selected personally by his client because I am one of her favourite YouTubers.

This tickles me.

Now okay, the manager's client has tens of thousands of subscribers, and several videos with a million or more views, so maybe she gets a lot of mail and her day is full up to the brim with video-log related business -- but can she really be so frickin' busy that she needs a MANAGER?

And even if she is, when did YouTube become Hollywood? Are we no longer sending personal messages to video-makers whose stuff we dig? Is the new thing getting your people to contact my people?

I must get some people, sharpish.

1 comment:

sappylovesong x said...

I'd be your manager/bitch =)