Monday, 4 August 2008

Holiday reading

Looked through some folders yesterday and found two sitcom pilots I wrote years ago, and a movie screenplay from 1999. I still think both of the sitcom ideas are strong, though one of them was seen by a telly person who pronounced it "horrible". Pretty sure she meant the premise (fanatical military babies) rather than the writing, but who knows? Maybe the writing is horrible too.

I don't remember very much about the film script, so I'm looking forward to finding out just how bad that is.

Also on the reading list: a 500 page book (too long, surely? I forgot to look at the page count on Amazon) on the English Civil War, about which I know embarrassingly nothing; and a biography of Aung San Suu Kyi (about whom I know almost less). So those'll be fun.

I might just leave them both at home and re-read Papillon.

No comments: