Wednesday, 7 January 2009

High time

I'll tell you what: when you're writing something that's right for you to write, writing becomes bloody great!

I was having some trouble last week. The first radio thing I started wasn't massively interesting to me; it was an attempt to do something with more mainstream appeal. As a result, it was a chore, and when the story wasn't working I gave up.

And started something new that's just bouncing along, thank you very much. Something expansive enough for any wild idea that takes my fancy, and broad enough to support the most implausible of plot twists.

And I really, really love writing for radio. Who cares if nobody will want to hear it?

4 comments:

Rictor said...

Is this new thing for radio?

LesFleurs said...

"And I really, really love writing for radio. Who cares if nobody will want to hear it?" Is there irony in it?

Mike said...

Irony? I hope so.

Yes, radio! Feel like an idiot for never having seen the creative potential in audio comedy.

LesFleurs said...

I thought I should feel like an idiot but you meant yourself what I figured out after reading till the end of thesentence.