Thursday, 25 June 2009

Two years on YouTube


Yesterday was Somegreybloke's second birthday. 56 videos uploaded to the account; 5.6 million odd views, and an overwhelmingly positive response from the people who bother to comment or award stars.

Best thing, though, is the number of excellent creative types I've met and had a chance to work with - even if they all live selfishly far away in other countries. This was a truly unexpected consequence of putting videos on YouTube, and it's no overstatement to say that it has changed my life. Just knowing that there are a bunch of people out there who are prepared to lend their talent - for free! - is very motivating.

All in all these last two years have been the most productive I've ever had, and I'm very happy to have internet-met you.

Cheers!

4 comments:

John said...

It is the best thing on You tube, i just love it. Thanks for all the laughs and keep them coming.

Jeremiah said...

Happy 2nd!

It's been a pleasure working with you and I look forward to future collaborations.

James said...

Woo!! *party*

Fascinating watching the changes...

I hope to be able to cintinue watching Graham for many years to come.

(Have you considered doing a video with everyone that you have collaborated with? in one massive collab..)

Bowler Hat Productions said...

I'm your slave.