Monday, 31 August 2009

The Importance Of Going Outside

Spent some of last week working with my new Comedy Sketch-Writing Partner, which is something I've never tried before but it's been fun and productive and extremely motivating.

So motivating that his bank holiday silence (he is a grown-up with a family, as far as I know. Obviously I've never met him in the flesh - this is the Twenty First Century) left me a bit bereft, and the creative Bang! of last week faded to a rather dismal drone. Even washing up a huge mound of dishes didn't spark any ideas.

But then I went out to the supermarket, and while standing in the longest queue ever came up with two bits of stand-up. Stand-up that will probably never be performed, but it made me chuckle as I wrote it down just now. And the audience in my head laughed.

I love the audience in my head.

1 comment:

James said...

Will we ever hear this bit of standup?
Will Graham perform it for us?

I am aching to find out...