Thursday, 14 January 2010

Sketch show disappointment

Comedy Sketch-Writing Partner informs me that only one (ONE) of the many sketches we submitted to High Profile BBC Comedy Show has made the shooting list; which is better than nothing (ZERO), but there's no guarantee it will make the edit of the show or even the DVD extras so I'm counting it a disaster.

I blame it on the snow, rather than any fault in the writing.

Because some of them would have had to be filmed outside?

Yes. That's definitely why they were rejected.

But whatever sketches they do include in the new series had better be BLOODY GOOD, is all I can say, or I may have to stamp my foot and shake my fist in the direction of the telly. Sort of like this guy is doing:

5 comments:

Jeremiah said...

I'm very sad to hear this.

I really hope that sketch gets in the show.

Is there a chance the other sketches will used at a later time, like, when it's not snowing? Or does that rarely happen?

Mike Booth said...

The sketches will be used another time. But not by them. Oh no. They had their chance and they blew it.

organicprankster said...

Damn snow.

I've mostly been blaming things on the economic downturn. Milk's gone off - economic downturn. Neighbours' kids making too much noise after a certain hour of the evening - economic downturn.

Weather and economics: lot to answer for.

rewboss said...

Don't worry, Mr B. I have a cunning plan that is really cunning. What you do is, right, you take an old Disney film, like, say, "Poke A Hontas", and then you add loads of special effects, and Bob's your auntie. It worked for Mr Camera. In fact, I've already written a script. "Once upon a time there was a girl called Cinderella, and they all lived happily ever after." There you go: Just needs a few explosions and you'll be rich and famous in no time. It can't fail.

Woodsy said...

rewboss, you have tickled me.........!

Great work, Mr B!