Monday, 22 February 2010

Utter cock

I can't stop watching this video! It makes me want to throw up:

Graham Fink of Saatchi

Edit, 6th March -- The video has now been set to "Private", though all the other videos on the channel are still viewable.

It's of some creative media type guy - a "true Renaissance man" according to the (auto?)biography posted in the info box - drivelling on about how great YouTube is because it provides so many ideas one can steal. And stealing is what makes one a great artist, yeah?

Picasso said that (allegedly), so it must be true.

The interview is part of an "initiative" by Creative Heads, which seems to be a group of people who work in advertising. What they want you to do, right, is make videos - great ones, not just good ones - and then enter them into the competition they're holding. And if they like your work, then...

Well... Um... They're going to include it in a reel they show to their clients, or something. It's not really clear. Look, just send them your stuff, yeah? Peace and fucking!

Edit -- Best comment under the Creative Heads video:

"Why old people are so stupid?"

6 comments:

Four Dinners said...

I wonder whether they would show a video of my arse?

Mike Booth said...

Only if it's a great arse. It can't just be a good one.

organicprankster said...

"Great is the enemy of good"? Well, he's nicked that from Voltaire ("Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien.") and changed it slightly. Still, at least he's a consistent little thief.

organicprankster said...

Apparently these Creative Heads are the most creative people in the world though; it says so on their page.

Perhaps this is why they're talking about YouTube in the same excited tone most people were in 2006. Been off somewhere being super-creative. Only just noticed it.

rewboss said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one to be utterly mystified by that contest.

I think I shall make a video in which I speak entirely in soundbites. That might be what they're looking for.

Mike Booth said...

For my entry I'll be re-editing their video and adding some crudely drawn cocks.